Cheesy photo taken by Caleb Rempel
"Who am I?
Who am I?
I'm Leah Rempel!"
So, this clearly doesn't sound as eloquent as Jean Val Jean (if you don't get this reference, watch Les Mis and thank me later). But I want to give a solid introduction as to who I am and what I value. I want to be transparent. Here are 5 things you need to know about me.
1) I am a follower of Jesus Christ. If you have followed my accounts or journey for any length of time, this will become quite apparent to you. I am unashamed of this as it literally saved my life. It is daily transforming every part of me. I want to love deeper, live a life of forgiveness and grace while serving the lost and marginalized, just as Jesus did. I want to admit that I fall short every single day and my worth is only determined by God, who has covered all of my sin.
2) I am a dedicated wife and mother. I truly do not deserve them but I have been blessed with an amazing little family that just keeps surprising me. Caleb is the most devoted husband and my best friend. Never have I met someone so loving, life giving and wise. Micah is our precious son who is teaching me about my own selfishness while at the same time giving me a clearer picture of how God loves me. He is fearless and sweet. Not enough can be said regarding Caleb and Micah. They are the most precious gems. I am so in love.
3) I am a teacher. I taught in the public schools for 2.5 years but I have been a teacher at heart my whole life. Surrounded by teachers in my family means that I have been deeply impacted by teachers on every level. One day, I hope I can go back and teach on a more full time basis but my giftings are not being wasted right now as I teach English as a Second Language once a week and lead a book study. Not traditional teaching roles but they still allow me to use my gifts to serve others. I love to share what I have learned, get creative and lead with intention, all valuable assets as a teacher and now a photographer!
4) I am a life long learner. I LOVE to read books, listen to podcasts, take classes and listen to those who have gone before me. This means that my brain never stops spinning! I am constantly reflecting, perfecting and growing. This also means that I can be really hard on myself. I feel like I will never know enough or there was always more that I could have done or could have said. What I am realizing is that that is the truth and it is 100% ok.
5) I am an "obsesser." If I get hooked on something, I am HOOKED. If I watch a movie I like, I will look up the actors and find out every movie or production they were ever in. I will watch every interview they ever did. If I love a product, I will find out everything I can about it and tell all of my friends. If I heard something that made me think, I will tell anyone that might find it remotely interesting. But let's not say I am a stalker or creep.. let's say that I am a dedicated supporter. I would also like to say that this makes me a pretty loyal person. I truly do lead with my heart and I will be your biggest cheerleader!
6) Bonus Fact: I am so far from perfect. I am a hot mess mom. I am a wife that doesn't treat my husband the way he should be treated. I can be irresponsible and selfish. I hold grudges that I should let go of. I often judge first and love second. I am an emotional, anxious wreck. I am a work in progress. On social media and online, we show our best selves but no one has all the answers. No one is without flaws or imperfections. No one has it all together. We are in this together.
Sending you all of my love!