Remember that cold snap we had this year? Well, this session was right at the beginning when we didn't know any better. It was so stinking cold. But Jaden and Tyler still nailed this shoot. It helps when you get to frolick with your best friend right?
The session was all around the Old Strathcona and Whyte Avenue area in Edmonton. There are so many hidden treasures here with so many interesting shapes , textures and colours. It is a photographer's dream and a blast to explore. We also found ourselves stopping in to warm up a few times, including Block 1912 and Wee Book Inn.
Jaden and Tyler remind me a lot of my younger self and I am so thankful that our paths crossed! They are clearly each other's best friends and have a rich history together. It was such a fun afternoon!
Congratulations you guys! I can not wait for your July, Edmonton wedding.
By the way, I will be your third wheel any day of the week. Just saying.
Part 2 of Emmanuel and Carmen's Wedding Extravaganza!
This day was in Edmonton and it included SO many loved ones and people that were very special to these two. Can I be honest here for a second? I have never seen a couple honour such a large crowd like this before so well. They intentionally went around to speak to everyone, wanted group photos of all of their guests and gave them one heck of a party to remember. I was VERY impressed.
I would love to point out a few notable moments that stood out to me:
1. The frequent cheering during the ceremony was so refreshing!
2. The inclusion of all 4 parents was so sweet and truly honouring. They all walked their child down the aisle and got a turn to dance with them at the reception. Cue the tears..
3. The ENTIRE wedding party dancing down the aisle.
4. The downpour during our bridal party portrait sessions.
5. Emmanuel's cousin's killer pipes during the dance. That girl can SING!
6. The frequent outfit changes, including C+E during the reception.
7. The sparklers and fireworks post reception festivities.
8. The decorate your own cupcake station.. You know this girl loves the sweets.
9. The fact that it was also Carmen's birthday. Emmanuel, you have no excuse to forget your anniversary.
10. The most hopping dance floor I have ever been apart of.
If you read the previous post, you may already know this but I can say that being a part of Carmen and Emmanuel's day(s) was a celebration to remember for me. The rainbow of colours, the dancing, the unrestrained celebration were such pictures of freedom to me. It was an experience I will not soon forget.
Ceremony: Strathcona Baptist Church, Edmonton, AB
Reception Hall: Moyer Hall, Josephsburg, AB
I am not a downtown, busy street kind of gal. Going to Whyte Ave is my version of a nightmare that I will occasionally entertain. But these two live there (brave souls..) and they invited me to go to Old Strathcona (yay for better parking!) for their engagement photos. They were my personal tour guides to places I had never adventured to and showed me a different side of this place that usually gives me slight anxiety.
Laura and Nolan are absolute treasures. They are so at ease together and it feels natural to be around them. They had an amazing attitude and a sweet affection for one another. They have a relaxed wedding day in mind, which I love, and honestly, I can't wait to hear more about it as Laura and I crush it on the basketball court (or at least as much as we can in ladies league).
Thank you Laura and Nolan for an amazing evening together!
Ps. Can you all leave a comment in regards to how beautiful she is? Honestly.