Baby Jack was born in July last year and is now 10 months old! Even though it is getting close to a year since this session, I really wanted to share this sweet, Edmonton in home newborn session! This was such a lovely family and of course, I am all in for hanging with newborn babies.
I LOOOOVEE lifestyle newborn sessions. I think some people may be a bit intimidated when it comes to these session. There are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Nothing goes according to plan. Totally normal.
2. You do not need to have the perfect, clean home. I can work with minimal space.
3. Babies look's change fast, so don't hesitate to get those photos in!
Thank you to all those who trust me with these very precious moments. It is such a privilege.
Part 2 of this week's blog posts is of course the newborn session of this darling boy. Myles and Niomi had Jayden in July of 2018. He has been such a sweet addition to their family and it is amazing the difference only a few months can make. He is already growing like a weed, can sit up on his own, and is taking his first round of swimming lessons! Not to mention this child is SO. DARN. CUTE it hurts.
Time goes by fast and babies change at a lighting fast rate. So, I am recommending you do two things .
1. Pregnant? Book a newborn session before the baby is born. The goal is to have the newborn sessions at least within 10 days of their birth. This is for a few reasons. One being that they sleep so much better in the first 10 days and more frequently which is easier to photograph. The second is that that little newborn face changes SO FAST. Get your photos booked! Not having a baby, gift this to someone else. You will be their new favorite person.
2. Attend my DSLR workshop on March 16 from 1-5pm in Edmonton. If you have a small family and you don't know how to take photos with your DSLR camera with the manual settings, I HIGHLY recommend you join us. There are a few reasons for this, one being that you simply can not hire a professional all the time for life's precious moments and it is such a gift to be able to take beautiful photos of your family. Time flies by. You don't want to miss a moment.
Snag your tickets HERE for "Seasons : Beginner DSLR + Lifestyle Photography Workshop"
The amount of times I have written about my love for this family is a billion times, for sure. They really are the best. Some of our dearest friends and my most loyal clients, Niomi and Myles are some of the best. So much so, I am bringing you TWO blog posts on the same day of their latest family adventure, little Jayden.
This shoot was at the Kinsmen Park in Edmonton, along the river valley on a gorgeous June day. I love the sweet moments down by the river valley where we convinced Eli to approach his baby brother. What a kid!
Baby Lucy was born in June 2018 in Edmonton to Adele and John. I am so thankful to have been asked to enter into their home to capture such a special time for them! They are such sweet, strong parents. Charlotte and Lucy are so lucky to have them raise them to be just as kind.
Tip: When others see newborn photos they see these sweet moments that are so serene and gentle but let's remember everyone that babies have their own agenda on photo session days! And it is 100% normal. Take Baby Lucy for example, she was not in the mood for photos that day but we still got some beautiful shots that her parents will be able to treasure. Take the pressure off of yourself and always expect the unexpected when it comes to kids!
Gour and Monalisha welcomed me into their home a few weeks ago to photograph their little princess, Arika. She was so sweet and it was a fun shoot! I have been wanting to do more and more lifestyle sessions at people's homes. These two provided some ideas that we incorporated into it as well as some personal items! It is so special to include your baby's blankets and toys in a session, even just to remember how small they once were. I am already blown away that my own little is outgrowing some of his things.
Lifestyle sessions are so precious. I love going into someone's home and capturing sincere moments. Our photographed life is curated (let's be real) but it is also capturing real glances and smiles. I love how in these types of photographs, you can really feel the love between husband and wife or mother/father and child. In this case, it was so genuine and authentic. Many love the studio style portrait when it comes to families and newborns (which is still awesome!) but I have to say, I am an advocate for these lifestyle sessions. I am totally in love with them!