Baby Jack was born in July last year and is now 10 months old! Even though it is getting close to a year since this session, I really wanted to share this sweet, Edmonton in home newborn session! This was such a lovely family and of course, I am all in for hanging with newborn babies.
I LOOOOVEE lifestyle newborn sessions. I think some people may be a bit intimidated when it comes to these session. There are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Nothing goes according to plan. Totally normal.
2. You do not need to have the perfect, clean home. I can work with minimal space.
3. Babies look's change fast, so don't hesitate to get those photos in!
Thank you to all those who trust me with these very precious moments. It is such a privilege.
Part 2 of this week's blog posts is of course the newborn session of this darling boy. Myles and Niomi had Jayden in July of 2018. He has been such a sweet addition to their family and it is amazing the difference only a few months can make. He is already growing like a weed, can sit up on his own, and is taking his first round of swimming lessons! Not to mention this child is SO. DARN. CUTE it hurts.
Time goes by fast and babies change at a lighting fast rate. So, I am recommending you do two things .
1. Pregnant? Book a newborn session before the baby is born. The goal is to have the newborn sessions at least within 10 days of their birth. This is for a few reasons. One being that they sleep so much better in the first 10 days and more frequently which is easier to photograph. The second is that that little newborn face changes SO FAST. Get your photos booked! Not having a baby, gift this to someone else. You will be their new favorite person.
2. Attend my DSLR workshop on March 16 from 1-5pm in Edmonton. If you have a small family and you don't know how to take photos with your DSLR camera with the manual settings, I HIGHLY recommend you join us. There are a few reasons for this, one being that you simply can not hire a professional all the time for life's precious moments and it is such a gift to be able to take beautiful photos of your family. Time flies by. You don't want to miss a moment.
Snag your tickets HERE for "Seasons : Beginner DSLR + Lifestyle Photography Workshop"