Well. You could say I am a WEE bit behind on blogging my sessions. BUT, that just means you have a lot of good stuff coming up to look forward to. And to be honest, some of my favorite sessions are still waiting in the cue. This being one of them!
Jayd and Chris met me at the Alberta Legislature just before Christmas last year. We spent a beautiful afternoon there walking the grounds and enjoying all of the Christmas decorations and lights. It really is a stunning place to visit in December. I really, really enjoyed my time with them and have since enjoyed getting to know them even a little bit more. My couples really are the best.
I can't believe how fast the time has gone and they are getting married in TWO days at the beautiful Pine and Pond Wedding Venue! Let's do this you guys!!
Remember that cold snap we had this year? Well, this session was right at the beginning when we didn't know any better. It was so stinking cold. But Jaden and Tyler still nailed this shoot. It helps when you get to frolick with your best friend right?
The session was all around the Old Strathcona and Whyte Avenue area in Edmonton. There are so many hidden treasures here with so many interesting shapes , textures and colours. It is a photographer's dream and a blast to explore. We also found ourselves stopping in to warm up a few times, including Block 1912 and Wee Book Inn.
Jaden and Tyler remind me a lot of my younger self and I am so thankful that our paths crossed! They are clearly each other's best friends and have a rich history together. It was such a fun afternoon!
Congratulations you guys! I can not wait for your July, Edmonton wedding.
By the way, I will be your third wheel any day of the week. Just saying.
Part 2 of Emmanuel and Carmen's Wedding Extravaganza!
This day was in Edmonton and it included SO many loved ones and people that were very special to these two. Can I be honest here for a second? I have never seen a couple honour such a large crowd like this before so well. They intentionally went around to speak to everyone, wanted group photos of all of their guests and gave them one heck of a party to remember. I was VERY impressed.
I would love to point out a few notable moments that stood out to me:
1. The frequent cheering during the ceremony was so refreshing!
2. The inclusion of all 4 parents was so sweet and truly honouring. They all walked their child down the aisle and got a turn to dance with them at the reception. Cue the tears..
3. The ENTIRE wedding party dancing down the aisle.
4. The downpour during our bridal party portrait sessions.
5. Emmanuel's cousin's killer pipes during the dance. That girl can SING!
6. The frequent outfit changes, including C+E during the reception.
7. The sparklers and fireworks post reception festivities.
8. The decorate your own cupcake station.. You know this girl loves the sweets.
9. The fact that it was also Carmen's birthday. Emmanuel, you have no excuse to forget your anniversary.
10. The most hopping dance floor I have ever been apart of.
If you read the previous post, you may already know this but I can say that being a part of Carmen and Emmanuel's day(s) was a celebration to remember for me. The rainbow of colours, the dancing, the unrestrained celebration were such pictures of freedom to me. It was an experience I will not soon forget.
Ceremony: Strathcona Baptist Church, Edmonton, AB
Reception Hall: Moyer Hall, Josephsburg, AB
Amanda and Blake just got married in April and it was a beautiful wedding day but I would be amiss if I didn't share some of their engagement photos! Believe it or not, this snowy day in Edmonton was in September of last year.
We took a walk down memory lane to remember their first date! I love when couples do this and add their own personal touch to the session. We toured all over the river valley, high level bridge and even down to the Alberta Legislature. These two are a blast and I am pretty sure I did not stop laughing with them the entire session.
Stay tuned for their wedding blog post coming up soon on here!
Baby Jack was born in July last year and is now 10 months old! Even though it is getting close to a year since this session, I really wanted to share this sweet, Edmonton in home newborn session! This was such a lovely family and of course, I am all in for hanging with newborn babies.
I LOOOOVEE lifestyle newborn sessions. I think some people may be a bit intimidated when it comes to these session. There are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Nothing goes according to plan. Totally normal.
2. You do not need to have the perfect, clean home. I can work with minimal space.
3. Babies look's change fast, so don't hesitate to get those photos in!
Thank you to all those who trust me with these very precious moments. It is such a privilege.
Leah and Dan were married on a beautiful day in July last year at the gorgeous Hotel Fairmont MacDonald in Edmonton Alberta. This day was everything you would expect from Leah and Dan: a true celebration of love with only the closest family members in attendance. I was lucky to be the only non-family member there!
A few moments that really stand out to me about their day was their first look, the ceremony, and Dan's speech that he wrote for Leah. The first look was so special and such a sweet way to begin the festivities with lots of giggles and admiration of one another just quietly pouring out. The ceremony was simple but beautiful, truly celebrating their history and love for one another. And finally, Dan's speech of true devotion for Leah took her by surprise! (Check out each moment in throughout the entire blog post). It was the perfect way to end the day.
The common thread between all of these moments is the quiet love they share. They are not over-the-top sort of people but rather they have allowed each other to be completely themselves in one another's presence. That is a gift that you can not manufacture, it is just organically created over time, respect and devotion.
Congratulations again Leah and Dan! I am so thankful you included me on your special day!
Shelby and Curtis met me at the Alberta Legislature for their engagement session last summer under perfect weather conditions. I have done a lot of sessions on these beautiful grounds but this session is definitely one of my favorites. Shelby and Curtis have had some very special, meaningful times at the Leg and so to take them here again for their engagement session was sincerely a treat! Nothing makes me happier than a couple picking a location that is a part of their story.
They are to be wed in Edmonton in July this year and I could not be more thankful that I have been chosen to document this very special day! Congratulations you two!
Patricia and Monty met me downtown on Jasper Avenue, Edmonton at Remedy Cafe for their engagement session. This was the first time I had met them as they were on a bit of a time crunch ! They planned their wedding in 2 months. Wow. I could barely do it in 8.. so props to them!
We spent the hour walking downtown Edmonton, making our way to whatever beautiful space we stumbled upon including a quick stop to the Alberta Legislature and some pretty side gardens and intimate spaces. We also stumbled upon a gorgeous space with golden hour light starting to stream through. It was perfect!
Thank you to Patricia and Monty for having me as part of their day! Be on the lookout for their wedding photos, coming to the blog very soon!
Part 2 of this week's blog posts is of course the newborn session of this darling boy. Myles and Niomi had Jayden in July of 2018. He has been such a sweet addition to their family and it is amazing the difference only a few months can make. He is already growing like a weed, can sit up on his own, and is taking his first round of swimming lessons! Not to mention this child is SO. DARN. CUTE it hurts.
Time goes by fast and babies change at a lighting fast rate. So, I am recommending you do two things .
1. Pregnant? Book a newborn session before the baby is born. The goal is to have the newborn sessions at least within 10 days of their birth. This is for a few reasons. One being that they sleep so much better in the first 10 days and more frequently which is easier to photograph. The second is that that little newborn face changes SO FAST. Get your photos booked! Not having a baby, gift this to someone else. You will be their new favorite person.
2. Attend my DSLR workshop on March 16 from 1-5pm in Edmonton. If you have a small family and you don't know how to take photos with your DSLR camera with the manual settings, I HIGHLY recommend you join us. There are a few reasons for this, one being that you simply can not hire a professional all the time for life's precious moments and it is such a gift to be able to take beautiful photos of your family. Time flies by. You don't want to miss a moment.
Snag your tickets HERE for "Seasons : Beginner DSLR + Lifestyle Photography Workshop"